Last modified: 12.03.2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Amwal Tech Inc. and our affiliates (collectively, “Amwal App,” “we,” and “us”) collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information when you (“you,” “your”) download Amwal App through a relevant app store and sign up for a Amwal App account and other services through the app or online at amwal.tech(collectively, “Services”).
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of our Services, and covers only information collected in connection with your access to and use of our Services.
Information You Provide to Access our Services
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the Services or the support you request. Specifically, we collect the categories of personal information described below.
We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Amwal App account, go through our identity or account verification process, authenticate into your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, participate in contests or promotions offered by us or our partners, or otherwise use our Services.
We collect the following categories of information about you when you use our Services, including:
- Identification Information. such as: Your name, email address, zip code, phone number, Cashtag, signature, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to log in to your Amwal account), including Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Additional Identification Information for Verified Users. such as: Your full mailing address; date of birth; government-issued identification, including national ID number, passport.
- Financial Information. such as: Bank account and payment card numbers you add to your Amwal App account.
- Contacts Information. In order to provide you with the Service, we will also need to collect information from you about the intended recipient of the payment you request us to make. We will therefore ask you to provide contact details of your intended recipient. You can do this by manually entering a phone number or email address into the Amwal App. You can also choose to let us access your phone contacts information, as described below (under Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience).
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make, accept, or request payments, we collect information such as: when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Geolocation Information. The location of your device, including your IP address, device language, and location of your network provider. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see below.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. If you use an iOS device, we also automatically detect if you have downloaded Chrome, so we can ask you which browser you prefer to use to open links from your Amwal App.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. Information about how you use and interact with our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, and the website you visited before you visited or used the Services.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.